Once the setup steps shown below are complete and the Solana app is installed on your Nano device, users have several options of how to use the Nano to interact with the Solana Network
- Order a Nano S or Nano X from Ledger.
- Follow the instructions for device setup included in the package, or Ledger's Start page
- Install Ledger Live desktop software
- If you already have Ledger Live installed, please update to the latest version of Ledger Live, which enables the newest firmware and app updates.
- Connect your Nano to your computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Update the firmware on your new Nano. This is needed to ensure you are able to install the latest version of the Solana App.
Install the Solana App on your Nano
- Open Ledger Live
- Click on "Manager" in the left pane on the app and search for "Solana" in the
App Catalog, then click "Install".
- Make sure your device is plugged in via USB and is unlocked with its PIN
- You may be prompted on the Nano to confirm the install of Solana App
- "Solana" should now show as "Installed" in the Ledger Live Manager
Upgrade to the latest version of the Solana App
To make sure you have the latest functionality, if you are using an older version
of the Solana App, please upgrade to version
v1.0.1 by following these steps.
- Make sure you have Ledger Live version 2.10.0 or later.
- To check your version of Ledger Live, click on the Settings button in the upper-right corner, then click "About". If a newer version of Ledger Live is available, you should see a banner prompting you to upgrade when you first open Ledger Live.
- Update the firmware on your Nano
- After a successful firmware update, the Solana app should automatically get re-installed with the latest version of the app.
Interact with the Solana network
Users can use any of the following options to use their Nano to interact with Solana:
SolFlare.com is a non-custodial web wallet built specifically for Solana and supports basic transfers and staking operations with the Ledger device. Check out our guide for using a Nano with SolFlare.
Developers and advanced users may use a Nano with the Solana command line tools. New wallet features are almost always supported in the native command line tools before being supported by third-party wallets.
- Nano X sometimes cannot connect to web wallets using the Windows operating system. This is likely to affect any browser-based wallets that use WebUSB. The Ledger team is working to resolve this.
Check out our Wallet Support Page for ways to get help.